HOW TO JOIN
IN THE SUZUKI TALENT EDUCATION OF PASADENA (STEP) MUSIC PROGRAM, children may begin studying as young as three years old, given developmental maturity and ability to work with a parent in the home learning environment. We would be happy to discuss your child’s readiness for formal music instruction and how to prepare him or her
IDEALLY, a family will attend a Parent Orientation Meeting before making a commitment to STEP. If you wish to start your child in the program prior to attending an orientation meeting, you must be taking private lessons with a STEP faculty member and have the recommendation of your teacher. However, you will be expected to attend the next scheduled parent orientation.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION and upcoming parent orientation dates, please e-mail any of the teachers listed on the "Teachers" page.
Parent Orientation Meeting
2560 Huntington Drive
San Marino, CA 91108
WHAT IS THE SUZUKI METHOD?
1. Begin as early as possible.
2. Move in small steps.
3. One parent should attend lessons.
4. Listen daily to recordings.
5. Arrange private lessons with your teacher.
6. Group lessons are held Monday evenings.
7. Beginning focus: beautiful tone, accurate intonation and musical phrasing.
8. Foster an attitude of cooperation instead of competition.
9. Create an enjoyable learning environment.